Below are the minimum requirements for admission to the MBA program at Niagara University in Ontario. As these are the minimum requirements, they do not guarantee acceptance into the program as space is limited. Niagara University applies a holistic approach to the review process taking into consideration all components of the application.
Please note that Niagara University is not recognized as a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada, which is a requirement for individuals seeking Canadian student study visas. International students wishing to pursue their studies at our Vaughan site must already hold valid study visas covering the duration of this program. International students interested in programs offered through our main campus located in Lewiston New York, are encouraged to visit our US-based programs.
All applicants must submit the following
Proof of a 4-year baccalaureate degree
Evidence of successful completion of a four-year baccalaureate degree through the submission of official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities. At least one of these transcripts must indicate the awarding of an accredited four-year undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 using a 4.0-point scale, or a B average if letter grades were used.
- Applicants who have not received their degree from a Canadian or US institution where English is the official language of instruction, will be required to provide an official transcript evaluation as well as official English proficiency scores. For more information please refer to the Applicants with International Degrees section below.
- In keeping with Niagara University’s mission, it recognizes that applicants who completed undergraduate degrees with GPA scores of less than the required 3.0, may have, since the completion of their degrees, gained significant professional experience, and possibly industry certifications that may provide additional information on which to judge success in graduate studies. Therefore, we encourage individuals who find themselves in this situation to apply.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
Official GMAT scores from a test taken within the past five years, with a minimum score of 550. Scores Niagara University reserves the right to waive this requirement. Students who are applying with an undergraduate GPA equivalent to a B+ or better, or who have already completed a Master’s Degree from an accredited institution, may request to have the GMAT requirement waived.
Applicants must have completed a minimum 2-years of full-time relevant work or life experience. Applicants who do not meet this requirement but have completed a four-year degree at an Ontario IHE that offers the program under Ministerial Consent requiring a minimum “14 weeks of paid, full-time or part-time equivalent work (420 hours) prior to graduation, related to the professional field of study”, must complete a one term internship/co-op prior to graduation from Niagara University’s proposed MBA program.
Completion of the Online Application
- Two letters of reference (it is recommended that one letter speaks to the student’s academics and that the second to professional experience/qualifications)
- A personal statement (250 word limit)
- An up-to-date resume
All credentials submitted for admission become and remain the property of the university. Misrepresentations on application forms may result in expulsion or degree revocation.
Applicants with International Degrees
Together with the standard application requirements above, applicants to Niagara University's Ontario programs who have not received their degree from a Canadian or US institution where English is the official language of instruction, must also submit the following items:
- Official credential evaluation of all undergraduate transcripts. Copies or emails for any test score or credential evaluation will not be accepted. Please choose the "comprehensive course by course evaluations" from either SpanTran or World Education Services.
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency through official TOEFL or IELTS scores sent directly from the testing service. In order to be eligible for acceptance into the program, applicants must provide evidence of having achieved a score equal to or greater than the minimum identified below on one of the following tests.
Admission Policies and Procedures for Mature Students
All students are required to meet the above standards. Challenge exams are not permitted at the graduate level.
*Official transcripts and GMAT scores (if not exempted) will be required, prior to the student beginning the program should the applicant receive a letter of acceptance.