Preventing crime is a shared responsibility between the university and all members of the campus community. As public apathy is a criminal’s greatest ally, you cannot assume that someone else will report criminal activity. Whether or not you are the victim, you should report any crime, suspicious activity or other campus emergency immediately to Campus Safety by calling Ext. 8111.
Don't Allow Yourself To Become A Victim Of Opportunity ! Review these tips frequently!
- Be aware of what's going on around you!
- Follow the buddy system when walking outside after dark. Always use well-lighted and well-traveled routes.
- Lock your car at all times. Don't leave property in the vehicle where it can be seen.
- Avoid giving rides to strangers or hitchhikers.
- Purchase a sturdy bicycle chain or cable and fasten your bike securely when not in use
- Report any suspicious persons to Campus Safety immediately or to a staff member on site.
- Never prop open any locked or exterior building doors. Unprop doors whenever you see them.
- Report safety and/or security deficiencies immediately to Campus Safet